How to create a new expense policy rule?
- Go to Settings -> Expense -> Policies
Here, you will have to enter a bunch of fields based on the type of configurations required.
- Next, click on “Add employee parameter” and select “Department”
- Select the department for which this rule is applicable. In our case, we will select “Sales”
Note: Employee parameters will only show up once we have added/mapped users with individual departments on the “Users” Section
- Select category: Want to set policy for a specific category then you can select the relevant category here.
- For example: Let’s say, we need to configure policy for “Meals” category
- If no, then you can ignore this section
- Additionally, you can create policy at a granular level on an individual parameter as well
- For example: In “meals” category, can you choose “type of meal” as the parameter and configure rule on “Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner”
- Min Amount: Enter limit above which out of policy needs to be triggered.
- Eg: if policy for breakfast, meal expense is 400 per transaction then min amount should be entered as 400
- Max Amount: Enter maximum limit of expense policy. This field will usually be 999999